Thursday, June 24, 2010

Making Peace with Yourself

I am learning that there are just some things in my life and about myself that I need to make peace with.

John 14:27 (NLT)
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

God wants to give us peace of mind & heart.

It amazes me that when I take the time to get God's perspective on a situation or something about myself, that I so easily compare with others, I begin to find peace. When I begin to experience that peace, I have learned, that I now need to choose to intentionally walk in it everyday, even if don't feel like it. When I discipline myself to do that, I begin to experience freedom in Christ at whole new level. There is nothing like having freedom where you once where bound.

Galatians 5:1 (The Message)
Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.

No comments: