Monday, October 6, 2008

Everything Beautiful

One of my favorite verses is found in Ecclesiates...

God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiates 3.11 (NLT)

I love this verse so much because it has always challenged me to trust God with all of my heart. I don't know about you, but there have been times in my life when things didn't look so beautiful and I would get frustrated, try to fix things up and change things around (in my own strength) all to find out that nothing had really changed inside of me and I was back where I started. When I would read this verse I would grab hold of a hope that I needed... the hope that God knows what He is doing and that if I will "let go" He will continue to transform me into the woman that he has called me to be... all in the right time:)
Whatever season you find yourself in today, know that times of beauty are on there way and that God is faithful to finish everything that He has started in your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz,

Your words are (and always have been) so encouraging to my heart. I loved this: "times of beauty are on there way"!

My verse is Phil 1:6: He will be faithful to complete what He has begun in my heart, in my life. Mmmmm.